Followers

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Goodbye Monday

I was going to leave work a little bit early yesterday until I went out to start the vehicle and I got "click click click". Don't you just love that! So I went back in to the security desk and asked Sherman (the security guard) for a jump. He went and got the portable charger box and the maintenance guy helped me. The box didn't work... not enough juice in it. I really wish I could remember maintenance man's name; I am just terrible with names! He took the portable box back and then rolled my vehicle to the spots behind me. He then pulled his car around and hooked us up. I went to start the engine and it still wouldn't start! It was so completely dead. We let it sit there for a couple of minutes and we finally got it started. And I didn't have to use AAA. I went and got a new battery so we are all set for this morning now. I wish batteries would give us a bit of a warning instead of just dying like they do!

I came home and started working on a card while I was talking to Kevin last night. I was able to get it finished. It's a pretty simple card. I used a sketch from Cardabilities ~ Sketch #58. I also used the color challenge at Denami Addict ~ Challenge #2 and it is a birthday theme for Crafts and Me Challenges ~ Challenge #90. Here is the card:


I used bazzill cardstock for the actual card and the brown is also bazzill. The lighter purple is from a Club Scrap box. These are all scraps except for the dark purple. I used Cappuccino and Honeydew twine from The Twinery. I used Copic YG03 and BV00 to add some detail to the lighter purple and green balloons. I used my blender to help with that. The white detailing is from a Sakura pen-Touch white opaque pen. I used Wisteria ColorBox chalk ink for the stamp and edging around the box there. The stamp is from Stampin' Up set I have. I believe that is it. Entered in challenge Day 30: Color Challenge @ 365 Cards.

This morning we go to the Orthodontist for Michael. He should be getting his braces off soon!! Kevin is ready for him to get them off now! Michael is ready too. We will see what they say. I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday!!

6 comments:

Tina M said...

All those fussy cut balloons...ohh my! This is darling...and what a fun shape, it's like a large tag that you can open, how fun :)

Thanks so much for joining us at DeNami Addict!

Unknown said...

Such a cute card. Love the balloons with that yummy twine!! Nice work.

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Such a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. hugs...Mona

Jacqueline Smith said...

what a lovely tag, thanks for joining us at Cardabilities.

Jackie DT

Patrice said...

I'm glad your batter problems were resolved Susan. Great card - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!
http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/07/52-card-pickup-week-28.html

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Visiting from Jaihart. Especially like the use of the twine.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"