Followers

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July America


Happy 4th of July America! I hope you have a wonderful holiday today. I'm going to be headed out soon to see my best friend Jia. This is probably the last time I'll see her for some time. I'm always excited to see her.. I miss her so much since she left for Ohio. And this visit.. I will NOT leave my camera at home! I can't believe I left it last time.

Yesterday was a big day... Michael had an orthodontist appointment in the morning. We were told that in six weeks he will be getting his braces off! Kevin is happy about that.. although he would have preferred them off yesterday. Michael is excited to get them off to. And let me just say... it has been a nightmare with him having braces. He doesn't brush his teeth well enough or often enough. I will be so happy to see those braces gone!

When we were on our way to the Orthodontist appointment yesterday we drove through the little town of Kennesaw. It was 9 am and people had come by with their chairs and blankets, put them where they wanted to sit last night for the firework show and left. I couldn't believe it.... and I couldn't believe how many there were. Now I know why we could never find a good spot. They were all taken at 9 am that morning!!

When we got home I noticed a bird flying in to a tree nearby. So I grabbed my camera so I could take pictures of these adorable robin babies. Aren't they adorable? They look about ready to leave the nest!



What else did we do yesterday? I went into work and picked up some things to bring home. I worked from home yesterday, because there was a contractor coming in to make some repairs to our apartment. The apartment building has settled a lot and the walls are just caving in. I didn't want him to be here with the kids alone so I decided to pick up some things and work from home. I ran a few errands between work and home and then we spent the rest of the day at home. They did the repairs and that took the majority of the day.. although.. they really didn't get started until after lunch. When we got home there was plastic on the floor, but nothing had been done. Then the contractor came in and told me they were going to lunch LOL! They came back about an hour and a half/two hours later and began working. Hey.. I'm not complaining! The work got done and it looks so much better. That's why you contract.. you make your own hours.

Last night we went to church for a concert.. It was the Georgia Symphony. The Mount Paran North chorus joined in at the end. It was a really great show. And.. there were fireworks after the show. So we enjoyed our firework show last night on the 3rd. Apparently there were several places doing fireworks on the 3rd. That was it.. Now my oldest is here and we are getting ready to head out to Grayson, Georgia to have a nice day with Jia and her family. I hope you enjoy your day.. here are a couple of good photos from last night.


3 comments:

Jasmine said...

Happy 4th of July! I hope you really enjoy your day and have a wonderful visit with you friend!
Jasmine
alittledabofglue.blogspot

TheEllenBee said...

Oh Susan, How I wish you had subscribed to my blog or YouTube :-( Your number was chosen for the RAK but it wouldn't be fair to give it to you. But, send me your address and I will send you a little something. EllenBee

pamala said...

Great pics!!!