Followers

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Good days!!

Hi everyone!! It's been a couple of days.. this has been a great week!! LOL  Bet you can't guess why?? LOL No.. I bet you can!!! We FINALLY heard from immigration!! We got the approval.. the worst of it is over. We still have another two to three months, but the worst is over. I'm gathering up all the financial stuff now. All I want for Christmas is Kevin to come home :)  I couldn't be more happy that we are over that first HUGE hump! So, that is my good news LOL  GREAT news!! It has been a long six months of waiting!

I've been working on some DT cards, so I don't have any cards to post. This is what I do! I'm so bad LOL If I have something that is due in the future and I already have what I need then I will work on it. I will get WAY ahead so there is no stress LOL Which causes me to not have any cards to post and I miss out on some challenges! Oh well.. I have been that way all my life. Guess I'm not likely to change now!

Tomorrow night, church is having a "All Day Singing and dinner (murder?) on the Grounds .. It is a dinner theater :)  I bought tickets for the kids and I, so that is what we will be doing tomorrow night. I'm trying to make sure that I do some of these things with the kids. It is good for them to be there at church and getting to know people.. well sort of LOL We don't talk to anyone. It's a good thing for us to do together too.. to get out of the house and spending some time together. Should be fun!

This morning I read about the Syrian diplomat that was killed. Another senseless act of violence against Americans. I will never understand it. Why is it okay for others to criticize and degrade Jesus Christ and God, but when something happens against their prophet they strike out in violence against innocent people? Why would want to believe in something that harbors hatred and discontent? It is really sad to see that. Jesus Christ/God is unconditional, amazing love and forgiveness. I weep for those that are lost and angry and full of hate. I pray that they will see the light. I pray for the family that lost loved ones in these terrible, senseless acts.

Please say a prayer for a wonderful friend who's son was in an accident. He is pretty badly beat up and has had to have some surgery. God is good.. keep him and his family in your prayers.

I hope you all have a great day / evening!! See you soon!! Here is a bath kit I did


Thankful For:
09/10/2012
  1. I am thankful for the three Design Teams that I am on. They allow me to work with wonderful images and I have learned so much from the talented people on the teams with me. I am always amazed at all the talent out there. I have so much to learn and I love it!!
  2. I am thankful for a safe place to call home.
  3. I am thankful that my kids have a good school to go to.
  4. I am thankful that the school year seems to be going well and both of them seem to be getting everything done that they need to.
  5. I am thankful that Michael is wearing his retainer and his braces made his teeth look so great.
09/11/2012
  1. I am thankful for all of the police, fire, medical staff, etc. that work each day to make sure we are safe. I appreciate them all so much and everything they do for us.
  2. I am thankful for all of the service men and women who are always continueing to fight for the way we live; fight for our freedoms. They are brave and I appreciate what they do us everything.
  3. I am thankful that we finally have an approval from immigration! We are on our way! Hopefull, just a couple more months to go.
  4. I am thankful for the attorney who sent me emails and called me to explain the next steps. I am thankful he is there to see this through with us and guide us. I don't know how we would have ever done it without him.
  5. I am thankful for the drawing today where they drew my name and I won the cute little candy corns! I love candy corn LOL Not to eat, but they are CUTE!
09/12/2012
  1. I am thankful that my new and old VP's and Directors appreciate me and trust me enough that they allow my schedule to be how I want it. They also allow me to work from home on Fridays. I know that change may come, but right now they are willing to work with me and adjust my schedule to the importance of my home life.
  2. I am thankful for the opportunity to enjoy things with my kids at the church. I am very excited to be able to take them to the dinner theater tomorrow night and I really hope they enjoy it.
  3. I am thankful that I was able to get most of the paperwork that I need for the next step in the immigration process. And the last piece of it will come from my Human Resource Dept and they have been great. I have asked the attorney to make sure the letter will be sufficient. I should be able to get that letter in the next day or two. 
  4. I am thankful for the helpful people I spoke to today at the Toowoomba Police Department. It is so nice to have people that are kind and helpful and willing to go the extra mile to give you the information that you need. Sometimes it is hard to remember that there is good people in the world when you deal with hatred and anger through your days and you see the anger and hatred on the news. There are definitely still good people out there! 
  5. I am thankful for my 11 year old daughter, who cooked dinner tonight so that I didn't have to :)  She is wonderful!
  6. I am thankful for the 89 that my oldest daughter got on her first Biology test in college!

5 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

WOW big congrats!!!! It's been a long time waiting for this news. You must be so very relieved! Hugs

Vicky

Karon said...

Susan - such fabulous news - about time! You must be on cloud 9:-) What a fabulous day this is:-) Hugs, Karon

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

Norma Gomez said...

Congratulations on your good news!! Great project :D

Desire Fourie said...

Susan I just love this. So beautifully designed. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

Anonymous said...

Totally cute Bath kit, such fun bright colours! Congrats on your news too!