Followers

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Saturday Happenings

Good evening everyone!! I'm up way too late.. Kevin will not be happy when he sees this post LOL Who needs sleep LOL!! Today I have been working on cards all day. I was able to get 3 cards finished.. My goal is to get a good bit ahead in all of my DT responsibilities where I can. I like to be ahead! I'm just that type of person though.. be ahead of schedule, always way too early, that's me!

I did have to go out once today and that was to get a string repaired on Bailey's Viola. Now, they haven't even started learning how to play at school yet, but she is always in her room trying to mess with it and play LOL Hey.. I'm glad she is excited about it!! She did break a string though.. the thickest string on the Viola! She did this a few nights ago. I was in bed when I got a couple of texts LOL They were all.. I promise I won't mess with it anymore until the teacher tells us what to do... I won't even take it out... I'm really sorry, but the string broke. I had to chuckle.. so since I was already asleep! LOL I let her sit on it until the morning and told her it just happens... Orchestra strings break. They will begin playing on Tuesday, so she is all set to go.

Bailey and I also tried a Pinterest today... well... I tried it on her LOL I saw this on Pinstrosity.. I LOVE this site!! Always gives me a good laugh! Now, Bailey has much shorter hair than me... so it really made her hair poofy LOL She was not happy! She kept telling me she looked like a boy at school.. I'm really wondering about that one LOL So here she is with the foil:
And here she is after we pressed and took the hair out of the foil:

A bit pooooofy! LOL But still cute! We did it to my hair too... I need to do less hair, but it really works.. its amazing.  So, that was our fun today!

Here is a card I worked on:

The image of the angel is from Papelitos Stamps. You should definitely take a look. And the bats came from Eureka Stamps. I had the Copics that I used saved.. then I deleted that photo and now I have no idea LOL The charm was from my stash, which means I have had that for no less than 5 years LOL All of the papers were scraps. The stitching done with my handy dandy sewing machine. The twine was a gift and it was the perfect color.. Just what I needed :) Oh.. and all of the bats are diamond glazed. They are all darker around the edge because I used my 100 Copic on them. Now... I'm too tired to keep my eyes open... 4 am comes early! So I'm going to lay down and I will post to challenges tomorrow LOL

Good night everyone!

Challenges:

11 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

ohhhh you did post it up :D I just loooooove that card. So very very cute. There's so many wonderful details in this. Just love the stitching and that charm that you have had for years.

You are a much better mom than I lol I would have been screaming... :D

Karon said...

Fabulous card - great details. Love the hair experiment, my daughter would say pooofy too:-) TFS

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is just stunning!
Susan, you had linked up to the Dilly Beans challenge with another post, but when we click on it from Dilly Beans, it brings up a "page not found" page... just wanted to make sure you knew! :)

Cheryl said...

Such a fabulous card! I love your design, distressing and stitching!

cotnob said...

This is a fab card, I love your image and great bats.
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Pauline
x

Kerry said...

Spookalicious card Susan...I love the colours and shabby/chicness of it. Fab colouring and paper piecing...perfect for our challenge at LCI this fortnight. Thanks so much for joining in the fun. xx

Maria said...

Wow, I love this! That image is fabulous, and the deep dark colours look great. I love the "trick or treat" charm. Thanks for joining in with our Charms & Pins theme over at the Craft-Room Challenge.

Maria x

Unknown said...

oooh Love that card!! Amazing!! Great work as always.

Cute hair on Bailey!! hee hee on the string breaking. Glad she is excited!

Manderly said...

Oh this card is wonderful! So, so cute and perfect for Halloween without getting ghoulish! Love it! Thanks so much for entering ATC's and Cards with Attitude Challenge! It's nice to have you.
Manderly
xxxooo

Nikki Byrne said...

Ooooh I LOVE this :o) Thank you so much for joining us for our Charms and pins challenge and look forward to seeing you for our collage challenge this fortnight! Hugs

Nikki Craft room challenge DT

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Wow Susan!! This card is so detailed and the colors are fabulous!! Fantastic card!! Thank you for joining us at Sketches by Carly this week. I hope you will join us again next week for Carlys next sketch. Have a fantastic day!! Hugs, Gloria DT