Followers

Monday, September 24, 2012

Tammy's Scrapin Corner Challenge #29

Good morning everyone! Time to get started on another week. There is no better way to start the week off than with a new challenge at Tammy's Scrapin Corner. This is Challenge #29 with a theme of Card For A Kid! I used a digi stamp from QKR Stampede - Playing with Dad .. of course in honor of Kevin ;)  Being Australian and all LOL Here is my card:

Copic: C1, C3, C5, 100, Colorless Blender
All White Paper (all pieces but card base from my stash), Doilie (from my stash), White Ribbon (from my stash)
Darice Embossing Folders Squares and Bamboo

The play, fun and happy I used a stencil and ink. Too cute! And of course.. I added dimension to the koalas.. arms, legs, popped the square. And that is about it. 

Challenges: 
Thankful 09/23/2012:
  1. I am thankful for the sermon today on anger. It was enlightening as usual.
  2. I am thankful for the kids working together to get the dishes done in record time tonight.
  3. I am thankful for the little nap that I was able to sneak in today.
  4. I am thankful for the good dinner tonight. Everyone pitched in and worked on something for dinner. It was great!
  5. I am thankful to Kevin for waking me up from my nap before I slept too long. I am always thankful for him being a part of my life.
Today starts our 40 Days of Prayer - United To Pray For A Great Awakening. They gave us a little book with a prayer schedule. Here is what it says for Day 1:
Day One Prayer Focus:
  • Plead for God's mercy on the Church, nation and world. Pray that He would stay His righteous judgement and turn us to Himself in fervent love and deep repentance. (2 Chronicles 7:14;  Psalm 85:4-7; Daniel 9:18-19; Hebrews 4:16; James 4:8-10; 1 Peter 4:17)
  • Pray for believers to be much more concerned about the glory of God's Name and spread of Christ's Kingdom than economic, political and social comforts. (Matthew 5:10-12, 6:33; James 4:1-3)
Yesterday was a good day... church in the morning, a little grocery shopping after that and then home. One more quick trip to the grocery store for the couple of things that I forgot, but then home again for the duration. I was able to work on a cards. I have some images colored and I am working on getting them into cards. I was able to complete two today. Those will be coming up in future DT posts LOL Now its off to work again to start another week. I'm hoping for the state department number we are waiting on so that we can move forward with the things that Kevin needs to get done, like his medical exam and the police check. We can't do anything until we have that darn number. I hope you all have a wonderful week!

24 comments:

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

sweet!
thank you so much for joining us at MTTC!!!
Good luck!

Desire Fourie said...

Susan this is so beautifully designed. Loving your creative style. Wishing you a fab Monday.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Carla S. said...

Terrific card, Susan! Cute image! Thanks for joining in on the Little Miss Muffet Challenge!

Karon said...

Such a fabulous creative project. Love those koalas :-) TFS

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

Marge said...

Great textural card; thanks so much for joining us @ My Sheri Crafts!!!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Awww this is wonderful Susan. I did not do the blog this week so I missed seeing this. I love it...joann sassy raggedy

In paper heaven said...

Such a creative card design. Would be a great card for a man.

In paper heaven said...

Oops I forgot to say I saw it on MIM.

lauren bergold said...

what a super-fun round card, and a BRILLIANT use of embossing! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week!

Andrea W said...

Sooo cute! I love your fussy cute Koala image. I found you at Make It Monday.

Debra Miller said...

Love all the textures Susan - awesome card - Thanks for joining us at LMMS for our shape card challenge. Deb x

loz said...

Gorgeous card and colors. Popped by from MIM for a look..Loz

Miss Sue said...

Love your card. Sounds like Kevin is a very special guy! Thanks for playing along with us at My Sheri Crafts! Thanks also for you post on things you were thankful for and for the 40 days of prayer! Blessings!

Mema's Crafts said...

Great texture and design. Thank you for playing with us at Mema's Crafts.

Rebekah said...

How cute is this?!?! Those Koala's are just darling. Great card for our challenge at TSTR. Thanks for playing along with us this week!

Darlene said...

LOL what a cute image and FABULOUS creation! Thanks so much for joining our "SHOW US YOUR SHAPE" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
Darlene
Shelly's Images DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Billie A said...

What a fun darling card. I saw this on Make it Monday. So glad I got a closer look. And your blog inspirations.

Lisa Minckler said...

Incredibly beautiful...love that image and white on white!

Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
Happy Crafting...
Lisa xx

Jessi Fogan said...

SO much texture! And I love that adorable image :) Thanks so much for playing along with the embossing challenge at Shopping our Stash (and sorry for my belated comment!)

Deanne Saunders said...

A cute.cute card! Thanks for taking part in Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Hope to see you again for our next challenge.
~DEANNE~

Julia said...

I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

My entries are: #111 and #124.

I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and Me and Myself on the Dark…

Hugs,

Julia




Sarah said...

Such a cute card! Love the dimension on the koalas! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

mixamatoasties said...

Gorgeous card, really lovely.

Saw you on MiM.

Susan x

Unknown said...

Too cute, I love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Little Miss Muffet!