Followers

Monday, February 15, 2016

Thinking of Easter

With thoughts of my Etsy Shop and trying to build it up, I had the idea that I needed to get busy on some Easter cards. I'm trying to think ahead. I need St. Patty's Day and I need Easter. And if I'm going to put this work into the shop, I better get the correct items in there, right? So, that is what I have started working on. I've made a few Easter cards. I started out with some Religious Easter cards; the true reason for the season. I'm also going to do some cute bunny cards as well. So, I thought I would share my first Easter creation with all of you today:








For my first card I went with this beautiful cross. I have no idea who's it is. I have to go through my images to figure it out. It is a pretty simple cross and I used my Copic Markers to color in the leaves and flowers on the cross. I fussy cut the cross of course and popped it up one level. I dug out all my scraps and this card is all scraps! I went with purple, black and white. The bottoms were all cut with an edge punch. The black paper behind was embossed with an embossing folder. I added some stitching and some ribbon. The Psalm 97:1 was designed and printed and then I added some small dew drops onto them. I also printed the Happy Easter on the inside and added some dew drops there as well as some of the ribbon.

CHALLENGES:


18 comments:

Unknown said...

The color is so peaceful the sentiment timeless and the layout is super. I like this card very much. Thank you so much for joining our 219th challenge at Word Art Wednesday this next fortnight. Your creation is inspiring, beautiful and very much appreciated. Blessings, Carole

Denice said...

Such a pretty card, love the stitching...it frames the sentiment nicely! Thanks for joining us at TTCRD this week, hope you'll join us again for more of our challenges!
Denice - TTCRD DT

Janis Lewis said...

Very beautiful! Thanks for joining us at 2 Creative Chicks.
DT Janis
Pause Dream Enjoy
Paper Play Sketches
PDE Linky Party

Unknown said...

Beautifully designed Easter card, fabulous colour and the cross looks fabulous with the colouring . Very pretty design. Thank you for sharing with us in our challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

Billie A said...

Beautiful Easter card and love the cross and verse. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Leinzlove, good luck!!! Amy DT

Scrapintheattic.com said...

A very peaceful card you created using traditional colours and sewing elements. Thanks for joining my challenge at OCC, Jan x

Anne said...

Thanks for entering our February card challenge Susan with your lovely card - good luck!
Anne x

www.ribbongirl.co.uk

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful! Thanks for linking up with us at leinzlovetearbearschallenge.blogspot.com

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Leinzlove Tear Bears Chs!
DT Janis

Janis Lewis said...

Me again! Thanks for joining us at 2 Creative Chicks.
DT Janis

Unknown said...

Your creation is always stunning, Susan.
Thank you for sharing at My Crafting Stories, and good luck.

Hugs,
Merlina

Unknown said...

thank you for sharing your lovely Easter card with us at Simply Papercraft - good luck
Lyn - DT

Unknown said...

Beautiful card and colour.
Thanks for joining with us at Retarte.
Yaiza( Stampartpapel DT)

Barbara Bruder said...

Susan such a beautiful Easter card. Purple is such a great Easter color. Cool looking ribbon. Thanks so much for entering your lovely card into our 'Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow' challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ this month. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

Keep Memories By Abelhita said...

Hi Susan!
What a lovely Card!!!
I love the colour!
Thanks for sharing with us at Stampartpapel!
Kisses,
Sara

Unknown said...

Lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting Musketeers Challenge ☺ xx

Jenscrapstoo said...

Very lovley!! Love the image and use of scraps too!!
Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo